Integrated SERvices supporting a sustainable AGROecological transition (AgroServ) is a Horizon Europe project coordinated by AnaEE and CNRS. The project aims to boost the research for a resilient and sustainable European agriculture system, and the agroecological transitions.
AgroServ features a large consortium of recognized European Research Infrastructures consisting of more than 70 partners.
Developing a resilient and sustainable agriculture system, and the agroecological transitions requires a deep understanding of agroecosystems, their interactions with the environment, and management practices. AgroServ features a large consortium of research infrastructures, most of them being on the EU roadmap, and a vast offer of services at all scales, from the molecule to the organism, to the ecosystem, to the society. AgroServ will facilitate a systemic and holistic approach to understand the threats and challenges agriculture is facing, towards the implementation of a resilient and sustainable agrifood system. We propose a transdisciplinary offer of services, integrating the actors of the agriculture system in the research process, of which the farmers are the first, thanks to a wide offer of living labs across Europe. Most of the relevant field of sciences are represented in AgroServ, from natural to social sciences. We will develop a wider catalogue of integrated and customized services, thanks to a specific approach of service pipelines designed from a gap analysis, stakeholder and user demands. A strong community building and training program for access managers and users will be implemented to facilitate multi- and transdisciplinary research with all relevant actors. Results from the research performed under AgroServ will be synthetized to be used in the scope of evidence-based policy making. Data from AgroServ will be open and compliant with FAIR practices, and made available on the long-term to the communities, and be linked with the main European initiatives, as the EOSC. Strong links will be established with existing or future programs under H2020 and Horizon Europe, such as the partnerships agroecology, living labs and research infrastructures, and agriculture of data, as well as the two CSA AE4EU and ALL-READY, and the missions soil and plant health, and waters. AgroServ will collaborate with other relevant initiative in the Pillar II to of HE.
These are the objectives AgroServ:
- Provide access to innovative, customised and efficient services -physical, remote and virtual – enabling interdisciplinary research for resilient and sustainable agriculture systems and its nexus with environment, health and food security
- Develop higher levels of integration of multi-RI services by engaging a variety of users and stakeholders in a co-creation process, generating new services
- Provide data and modelling services relevant for human, plants and animal health and wellbeing to support evidence-based policy making and sustainable advancements in the field of agroecology.
- Ensure outreach and training of the community of stakeholders, beyond researchers, to enable them in the best use of the research facilities and services offered by the RIs
- Ensure that the multi-RI services developed during the AgroServ project will last beyond the duration of the project, by finding appropriate avenues toward sustainability of the offer of services.
Our role in this project
Marinetraining is involved in the work package related to virtual learning labs.