- The ocean environment
- Operational challenges with emphasis on Polar waters
- Kinematics and dynamics of ocean waves
- Wave, current, wind and ice loads on vessels
Dynamic motions and maneuvering of vessels
- Weather window
- Weather forecasting
Advanced collision avoidance
Weather routing in the Arctic
- Optimisation criteria
- Methods of solution
MFA-8010 Maritime HTO (Human-Technology-Organization)
Proceso de aplicación
PhD students or holders of a Norwegian Master degree in Nautical Science, Marine Technology, Maritime Operations of five years or 3+ 2 years (or equivalent) may be admitted. PhD students must upload a document from their university stating that there are registered PhD students. This group of applicants does not have to prove English proficiency and are exempt from semester fee.
Holders of a Master´s degree must upload a Master´s Diploma with Diploma Supplement / English translation of the diploma. Applicants from listed countries must document proficiency in English. To find out if this applies to you see the following list:http://www.nokut.no/Documents/NOKUT/Artikkelbibliotek/Utenlandsk_utdanning/GSUlista/2016/GSU_list_English_14112016.pdf
Proficiency in English must be documented - list of countries
For more information on accepted English proficiency tests and scores, as well as exemptions from the English proficiency tests, please see the following document:https://uit.no/Content/254419/PhD_EnglishProficiency_100913.pdf
Resultados del aprendizaje
The candidate shall:
- have a thorough understanding of nautical operations with emphasis on how the environment is affecting the operations,
- have a thorough understanding of the key environmental factors affecting the performance of nautical operations,
- understand the hydrodynamics on a theoretical basis for operations in the surface zone,
- be able to determine the operational window based on weather conditions,
- have an overview of operational challenges,
- have thorough knowledge of how nautical operations can be modelled and simulated.
The candidates shall be able to:
- handle appropriate SW tools to perform static and dynamic analyses of nautical operations,
- handle limitations in modelling and simulation of nautical operations,
- formulate and evaluate solutions for planning of effective operations,
- carry out research to acquire new and more advanced knowledge related to work tasks and operations within the marine field.
- The candidate is able to work in multidisciplinary project teams of nautical operations.
- The candidate can manage and lead multidisciplinary teams in research projects on nautical operations.
- The candidate can contribute to debates regarding relevant nautical operations in international forums.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)