This curriculum was developed so as to prepare the graduates of this programme to solve problems connected with organizing, planning and designing systems of controlling and directing traffic; organizing, supervising and managing transport processes and to perform management functions in organizational units of traffic control entities, as well as advisory and design companies, in particular those connected with the wider maritime economy.
Students may choose from among the following specialisations:
- Sea Port and Fleet Operations
- Inland Shipping
- Integrated Transport Logistics
- Operation of Container Terminals
All courses are taught in Szczecin on the premises of the University. The classes take place in laboratories equipped with the most state-of-the-art simulation tools, as well as in specialized computer and design laboratories, such as:
- Logistics-Production Process Automation Laboratory which enables the conduct of projects in the field of production and logistics process automation and the use of vision systems,
- VR Laboratory equipped with some of the most state-of-the-art technology, which enables the creation and display of interactive 3D visualization,
- Decisions Support and Telematics Systems Laboratory based on modern telecommunication, IT and electronic technologies used in road transport systems for monitoring and identifying vehicles, safety analysis and traffic flow improvement,
- Rapid Prototyping Laboratory, where students can design and print objects with the use of 3D printers,
- Environmental Protection Laboratory, which enables the study of pollutants, as well as work stand conditions (noise, luminous intensity, electromagnetic radiation, air flow),
- Commodity Science Laboratory, where you can test on your own properties of commodities with the use of physical and chemical methods, as well as instrumental and sensory methods, used in quality and safety control in production and transport practice, also during storage,
- during classes you will also have the possibility to familiarize yourself with software which you will encounter in your real-life workplace in Poland and abroad.
The University will also assist you in taking part in interesting internships and traineeships and will provide you with support as part of the ERASMUS+ program, an international student exchange program. Furthermore, you will be able to extend your interests as part of students’ scientific organizations or get some rest from studying in the Chillout room.
Our graduates are prepared for working as specialists in the field of modern transport, traffic engineering and transport systems analysis, as well as environmental engineering, logistic strategies, chain supply and waste management.
Maritime transport is an important branch of every economy, especially for countries with access to the seas and oceans. Only in the European Union total gross weight of goods transported in short sea shipping is estimated at almost 1.9 billion tonnes of goods with an increase of 2.6 % from the previous year and worldwide maritime transport is estimated at over 10.8 billion tons of goods and with every year it is increasing. Thanks to such good results, specialists from maritime faculties after solid studies are and will be long sought in the labor market and they will be rewarded accordingly for their knowledge, which is why starting a maritime studies at this time is an excellent life decision for many young people.