The unique specialist Master of Laws (LLM) course in Maritime Law provides you with an opportunity to acquire and develop the knowledge and skills for this niche but important field of law. This course is unquestionably one of the more popular specialist programmes for law students at the City Law School. It is taught by academics and practitioners who have years of experience in the field. The emphasis of the programme is on understanding how the law works in relation to matters such as shipping contracts, insurance, admiralty practice, international sale of goods, and commercial arbitration.
When you apply you will be expected to submit the following:
- One application form
- A short personal statement (c800-1200 words) outlining why you are applying for this programme
- A copy of your degree transcript: We require an original transcript or a copy certified by your institution. If you have not yet graduated, you will be required to send us your degree transcript as soon as it is available. You will not be able to register as a City student without having supplied your degree transcript.
- Please note: At least one academic reference is required in order for us to assess your application. However, the admissions tutor may permit professional references if you have been out of higher education for a number of years.
If you have any enquiries please contact:
Tel +44 (0)20 7040 5787
The City Law School Admissions
City, University of London
4 Gray's Inn Place
Future Finance Loans
Future Finance offers students loans of between £2,500 and £40,000 to help cover tuition fees and living expenses. All students and courses are considered. All loans are subject to credit checks and approval for further details please visit the Future Finance website.
10% Loyalty Discount
We offer City students a loyalty discount upon enrolling on a second course at The City Law School. All you need to do is meet the entry requirements for your second course (postgraduate level) and we will automatically take 10% off of your tuition fees.
This can be received in addition to receiving a scholarship and will be applied to the second round of payments due.
We are interested in receiving applications from individuals with at least an upper second-class honours undergraduate degree in law (roughly equivalent to a B or B+) from a recognised international institution. Applicants with a good undergraduate degree in another subject will also be considered.
INTO City, University of London
Don’t meet the entry requirements? INTO City, University of London offers a range of academic and English language programmes to help prepare you for study at City, University of London. You’ll learn from experienced teachers in a dedicated international study centre.
These programmes are designed for international students who do not meet the required academic and English language requirements for direct entry. To prepare for this degree course, learn more about the Graduate Diploma in Law.
Kaplan International College London
City works in partnership with Kaplan International College (KIC) London to provide preparatory courses for international students. Pre-Master's courses at KIC London offer comprehensive support to students wishing to complete their postgraduate study at City. Progression to this degree is guaranteed if you complete the KIC London Pre-Master's course at the required level.
If you are an applicant whose first language is not English, the following qualifications are also required:
- IELTS: 7.0 or above with a minimum of 6 in each area
- For the LLM we require an overall TOEFL score of 100 or better, with a minimum of 25 in Speaking, and at least 24 in every other component of the test
English language programmes
Don’t meet the English language requirements? INTO City, University of London offers English language programmes to help prepare you for study at university. These intensive and flexible courses are designed to improve your English ability for entry to degree courses.