The course deals with subsea production systems with particular emphasis on three main areas: production (wellhead, xmas tree, etc.), control systems, and structural (templates, etc.). In addition the student will learn about well operations and subsea processing. The mandatory projectwork discusses the different criteria for the selection of a subsea development concept and how these criteria have been applied in actual development examples. There is focus on global understanding of system solutions and selection of technology with basis in mechanical and structural conditions during different phases of development and operation. Subsea control systems are given particular attention. Subsea control systems for production, BOP, intervention and ROV are described.
After course completion the student shall:
- Have a basic understanding of criteria for the selection of a subsea development concept in general
- Have a basic understanding of the overall configuration and system solutions of subsea production systems
- Understand mechanical and structural conditions for permanent and temporary systems and the forces they are exposed to.
- Have an overview of the functions of critical subsea systems
- Understand and be able to use relevant standards