Realizing the new requirement from the International Maritime Organizational (IMO) and vast array of the maritime sector that includes electrical and electronics services, the institute had taken the initiative to develop a programme namely Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Hons.) in Marine Electrical and Electronics with the support from shipbuilding and ship repair industrial experts. This programme is in tandem with the need of the nation to increasingly liberalize Marine Electrical and Electronics services that include ship communication, ship navigation, ship control & monitoring systems as well as ship weapons system.
Can be done online here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/apply/undergraduate-admission/
All here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/?s=Scholarships
Upon completion, BET Electronics Degree holders may register as an Engineering Technologist and join the industrial workforce in many sectors such as:
- Manufacturing (Layout Engineer, Fabrication Engineer, Quality Engineer, Test Engineer, Production Engineer)
- Electronics Industries (Instrumentation Technologist, Control Engineer, Test & Measurement Engineer)
- Research and Development (Design Technologist)
- Education (Lecturer, Technician, Academic Executive)
- Technical Service Providers (Consultant, Engineering Contractors, Service Engineer, Technical Support Engineer)
- Engineering Product Trading (Suppliers, Vendors, Marketing Executive, Sales Engineer)
- Technopreneurship (Innovator, Designer, Entrepreneur, Motivator)
Entry requierements vary betweeen Lcoal and Foreign students and can be found here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/programme/bachelor-of-eng-tech-hons-in-electronics/
All international students must have completed at least 12 years of previous education and obtained a Higher Secondary School certificate equivalent to ‘A' Level. Entry requirements may vary from country to country.
Students need to meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements as follows:
IELTS - 5.0 or equivalent
TOEFL- 525 (PBT); 167 (CBT); 120 (IBT)