The Bachelor of Science (Nautical Science and Maritime Transportation) program was offered in the July 2007/2008 session after being approved by the Ministry of Higher Education in a meeting of the Higher Education Committee (JKPT) No 2/2006 dated 15 April 2006. The program was developed based on the standard IMO Model Course 7.03 Officer in charge of Navigational Watch
To do so contact them in the following web page: http://fpm.umt.edu.my/online-form/
Two of the below scholarship (in link) Biasiswa Tuanku Canselor (BTC) and Biasiswa Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (BUMT) are considered as prestigious scholarships. However, the scholarship are solely meant for local students who have excel in their educations and plan to pursue their postgraduate studies at UMT.
Graduates will have the opportunity to serve in professional management and management groups with government or private agencies such as the Navy, Maritime Enforcement Agency, Port Authority, Shipping and Port Companies, Ship Classification Agency and more. Graduates also have the opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies in the same area of expertise at Universiti Malaysia Terengganu or at other institutions of higher learning. In addition, they are able to run business and personal service agencies such as consultancy services, supply of shipping equipment and various services in the maritime sector.
University’s general admission requirement:
a) Passed the Malaysian Certificate of Education (SPM/ Equivalent) with at least Credit in Bahasa Melayu/ Bahasa Malaysia or Credit in Bahasa Melayu/ Bahasa Malaysia July Paper; Pass the SPM / equivalent level.
c) Malaysian University English Test (MUET) with minimum Band 1.
d) Passed the STPM examination with at least Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in General Studies / General Paper subjects, and a grade of C in Mathematics and Physics with minimum CGPA 2.0.
Possess a Diploma in related discipline (marine and maritime based or engineering) with minimum CGPA 3.0;
MOE Matriculation with minimum of CGPA at least 2.0
any accredited degree foundation programmes with minimum CGPA 2.0
other qualifications accredited by the Malaysian Government and University Senate.
Programme’s specific English, Mathematics and Science minimum requirements:
a) Malaysian University English Test (MUET) with minimum Band 2.
b) And, credit in Mathematics and Physics at SPM or other equivalent level
c) And, credit in English at SPM or other equivalent level
Programme’s specific Physical Requirement:
a) Not colour blind
b) Physically and mentally fit
c) Suitable body mass index (BMI)
International Student Admission Requirements:
(a) General Requirements
- Senior High School/Senior Secondary School/ Other Certificates from the government schools (with the period of at least 11 to 12 years of study from primary to higher secondary); OR
- GCE A’ Level examination obtained at one sitting, OR
- Any other certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above
(b) Language Requirements
- Pass the Test of English Language as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at least 550, OR
- Pass the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at least 5.5, OR
- Pass the Malaysian University English Test (MUET at least Band 3)
* Applicants from the country where the official language is English Language must obtain at least credit in English Language Paper at higher secondary school level.
Programme’s Specific Requirements, in webpage of programme