The aims and objectives of the Initial Training Programme are to equip the delegate with the necessary knowledge, understanding and skills to perform the role of Emergency Response Team Member effectively.
There are no prerequisites for an OPITO Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM) training course.
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
- Offshore Emergency Response arrangements including the role of the Emergency Response Team Member
- Incident planning and incident monitoring activities
- Operation of fixed fire systems including extinguishing a fire and/or securing an area
- Emergency response team operations when dealing with non-fire incidents.
- Preparing to enter and gaining access to the incident area using best working practices and procedures.
- Locating missing personnel and handling and removing casualties.
- Selecting and using portable firefighting equipment.
- Selecting, operating and flushing foam firefighting equipment.
- Conducting and controlling breathing apparatus operations.
- Minimising damage to property and maintaining communications.