The aims and objectives of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader programme are to equip Team Leaders with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to lead a Helideck Emergency Response Team during offshore helideck and helicopter emergencies.
In order to complete an OPITO HERTL training course, delegates must hold a valid and in-date OPITO Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT) certificate, a valid and in-date OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM) OR OPITO HERTM Further certificate, and a valid and in-date Radio Operators certificate.
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the role and key responsibilities of the Helideck Emergency Response Team Leader
- Understand the main elements of helideck emergency response plans
- Understand and identify the hazards associated with helideck and helicopter emergencies
- Identify typical organisations involved in a helicopter emergency response
- Identify types of potential offshore helideck emergencies
- Understand the general firefighting safety goals and objectives
- Effectively carry out dynamic risk assessments during an emergency incident
- Understand the purpose of typical helideck emergency systems and controls
- Understand the firefighting limitations on Normally Unmanned Installations
- Confidently lead the Helideck Emergency Response Team during an emergency incident
- Effectively direct Helideck Emergency Response Team Members into the incident area safely
- Command and control firefighting operations effectively
- Command and control the Helideck Emergency Response Team during non-fire helideck incidents
- Effectively prioritise and manage missing persons and casualties during the emergency
- Effectively monitor BA control and the safety of Helideck Emergency Response Team Members
- Look for and respond accordingly to signs of stress in individual team members during the emergency