This Master of Science Programme in Marine and Offshore Technology is designed to meet the growing demand for skilled professionals in the marine and offshore industry.
This MSc programme has a strong international profile with students from all over the world.
Marine and Offshore Technology graduates will be equipped with the best theoretical and practical tools since we have some of the strongest academic staff in the world within this field.
Students will gain detailed knowledge in designing, constructing, maintaining and removing of marine and offshore structures. Further, they will look into systems and operations related to installation by combining basic mechanical engineering subjects with marine technology.
Students will also be able to meet and solve challenges on an advanced engineering level outside the area of specializations and in close cooperation with experts from other fields.
By completing this Master’s Degree Programme, graduates will be qualified for many attractive job positions in the marine sector.
A candidate, who has completed a 2-year master degree in Marine and Offshore Technology, shall have the following learning outcome defined as knowledge, skills and general competence:
• The candidate has advanced knowledge within systems and operations related to marine and offshore technology. The candidate has specialized insight in systems and operations by combining basic mechanical engineering subjects and marine technology.
• The candidate has thorough knowledge about safety and environmental aspects related to his/her academic field, and knows how to implement this knowledge in his/her professional work by developing technical solutions suited to the best for society and individuals.
• The candidate can apply knowledge to new areas within the academic field.
• The candidate can analyze academic problems on the basis of the history, traditions, distinctive character and place in society of the academic field
• The candidate has knowledge about general ethical aspects in the engineering discipline.
• The candidate can analyze and use existing theories, methods and interpretations in the field and work independently on practical and theoretical problems.
• The candidate can use relevant methods for research and scholarly work in an independent manner.
• The candidate can analyze and deal critically with various sources of information and use them to structure and formulate scholarly arguments. The candidate can identify state of the art for the technology as well as relevant national and international standards within relevant disciplines.
• The candidate can carry out an independent, limited research or development project under supervision and in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics.
• The candidate can analyze relevant academic problems and be qualified to participate in developing and implementing new technology, methods and principles for the offshore oil and gas industry.
• The candidate can apply knowledge and skills in new areas in order to carry out advanced assignments and projects, the knowledge is also relevant for offshore wind industry and marine projects in general.
• The candidate can communicate extensive independent work and master language and terminology of the academic field.
• The candidate can communicate about academic issues, analyses and conclusions in the field, both with specialists and the general public.
• The candidate can contribute to new thinking and innovation processes.