History confirms that every great nation in the world has a huge naval fleet, and this cannot be achieved without the appropriate maritime education that qualifies human cadres to run this fleet. The Nautical Science Program is designed to provide academic education and training according to the International Standards of the Treaty (STCW 95) in the International Maritime Organization (IMO) under which the student receives a Bachelor's degree in Nautical Science within the five years comprehensive academic education and maritime training for 12 months on board vessels and qualifies for the International Certificate as a Second Naval Officer Internationally recognised to work aboard both local and global ships of the high seas of 500 GT or more at high efficiency and within special teamwork.
Education and training of high-quality in the field of Nautical Science, which contributes to the rehabilitation of the National Human Resources with high efficiency to support the economy and homeland security, and to support the position of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the International forums.
Highly efficient and qualified graduates in the field of Nautical Science to meet the needs of the development plans and the labour market in both civil and military sectors as well as in the field of petroleum.
- Graduating specialists in the field of nautical science have the necessary skills to work professionally in the different fields of maritime navigation.
- Rehabilitation of the employed Nautical Officers and grant them International Certificates of Competency (Nautical Officer and Captain) in coordination with the Ministry of Transport through sea training and its sessions.
- Provide Mandatory courses imperative for marine officers and marine engineers in accordance with the requirements of the International Convention On Standards Of Training, Certification And Watch Keeping Convention For Seafarers (STCW).
- Conducting scientific researches and providing specialised courses and technical advices to all governmental and commercial sectors.
- Providing opportunities for postgraduate studies for the graduates of the department and graduates from other specialties related to Nautical Science according to the University regulations.
- Providing a regional as well as International Centre of excellence in the field of maritime education and training and scientific research according to the International, domestic and private sector requirements and equipped with new simulators complex for navigation, safety and fire fighting.
- Supporting the economy and national security and the protection of the marine environment.
- Dissemination of knowledge, culture and awareness in relation to the applications of Nautical Science.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)