This module is designed for students and professionals interested in learning the tools and methods used in the analysis and improvement of environmental policy, especially in the water sector.
Minimum a Bachelor's degree in environmental, social or engineering sciences.
Basic proficiency in word processing and drawing software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Open Office, Libre Office or Free Office).
Proceso de aplicación
Deadline IHE application: 27 February 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
Resultados del aprendizaje
Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- Structure complex policy problems.
- Apply meaningfully and coherently three types of methods for rational-analytical problem exploration: System analysis (including analysis of objectives and initial problem demarcation), Actor analysis, and Future Scenarios.
- Reflect on the possible roles of a policy analyst and discuss which role(s) a policy analyst can effectively fulfil in different situations to support individuals or organisations facing a complex policy problem.
- Set up an agenda, based on previous problem exploration, for relevant, subsequent research activities to inform policy decisions.
- Write an issue paper containing the results of a broad, exploratory problem analysis, including the proposal for meaningful, subsequent policy research.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)