A one week fieldwork forms the basis of studying wetland ecosystem functions, services and wetland assessment techniques. And for developing a participatory management plan for this Dutch case study.
Students and mid-career professionals with a BSc in civil, chemical, agricultural, environmental engineering or a related field
Ecosystem functions and services; Climate change as a driver of change in WMP; Objective Oriented Planning (OOP); Stakeholder analysis and participatory approaches to WMP; Stakeholder consultations and WMP guidelines developed by the Ramsar convention; Wetland assessment.
Basics in environmental sciences and affinity with social sciences
Proceso de aplicación
Deadline IHE application: 27 May 2021 - 23.59 (CET)
Resultados del aprendizaje
Upon completion, the participant should be able to:
- understand the framework of ecosystem functions and services, and means of assessing it
- develop adaptive management for wetlands in response to change
- analyse the socioecological system by applying DPSIR and Agency Network Analysis
- assess the state of the wetland ecosystem on the basis of HydroGeoMorphological units and applying WETHealth
- develop and carry out stakeholder interviews and surveys
- conduct and communicate a research project.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)