The course covers the physical, chemical, hydrological and ecological processes and their significance for the aquatic ecosystem structure and function. Consequences of elements dynamics and stoichiometry of productivity are treated as well as the importance of trophic interactions and size structure of the population and community dynamics.
120 ECTS including 60 ECTS in earth science / physical geography, or 60 ECTS in Biology or 60 credits Chemistry and 30 ECTS in earth science / physical geography and 15 ECTS in Ecology, or 60 ECTS Environmental Science and 30 ECTS in earth science / physical geography and 15 ECTS in ecology, or the equivalent. Proficiency in English equivalent to Swedish upper secondary course English A. Where the language of instruction is Swedish, applicants must prove proficiency in Swedish to the level required for basic eligibility for higher studies.
Resultados del aprendizaje
On completion of the course for the grade Pass the student should be able to:
1. Explain the mechanisms and significance of metabolism of inorganic substances, dissolved organic matter, nutrients for the function and dynamics of aquatic systems.
2. Explain the mechanisms and consequences of, variation in food web structure and function of trophic interactions and dynamics in aquatic systems.
3. Actively contributing with qualified scientific viewpoints at seminar discussions
4. With a high degree of independence compile, analyze, orally and in writing present scientific literature within the main field of the course.
On completion of the course for the grade Pass with Distinction the student should be able to:
5. Show an analytic ability and understanding for general and system specific mecanisms and processes and being able to apply these in different aquatic systems.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)