Marine Engineering Technologists help build, convert, service and repair ships, offshore platforms, other marine structures and the equipment installed on them. They use a range of tools and engineering skills, depending on the particular sector of the industry
Proceso de aplicación
All documents Here: https://www.mandela.ac.za/Study-at-Mandela/Discovery/Quick-guides
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
For many young South Africans, getting a tertiary education is only a wish. For 24 first year Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) students who were awarded the prestigious Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship on Friday night, this wish has become a reality.
The 2017 Vice-Chancellor’s Scholars bagged the R89 000 a year scholarship – up 8% on last year’s R82 782 in line with the fee increase – based on their excellent academic achievements in high school. The scholarship, awarded during an intimate function at the North Campus Conference Centre, is renewable for each year of the scholars’ undergraduate studies, provided they maintain the levels of high academic achievement.
- Minimum NSC statutory requirements for degree entry must be met.
- An applicant with NSC Grade 12 Mathematics or Technical Mathematics requires a minimum Applicant Score of 370.
- NSC achievement rating of at least 60% for Mathematics or Technical Mathematics.
- NSC achievement rating of at least 50% for Physical Sciences or Technical Science.
- A Higher Certificate in Mechatronics Engineering qualification with an average of 60% or above, and a minimum of 60% for Mathematics1001 (MAT1001).
Special Selection Criteria
- For students specifically pursuing a career as a seafarer (a career on board a ship as opposed to a land based career).
- Be no older than 21 years of age at the time of registration. However, mature students and students already at sea may apply, provided that they have evidence of a cadet berth sponsorship, in writing, via their employer/sponsor. Generally accepted by Shipping Companies is 18 – 25 years of Age. Applicants exceeding this limit will have significantly reduced chances of employment.
- Pass a South African Maritime Safety Authority (SAMSA) eyesight test (colour & vision) and medical examination for seafarers, advised to do test prior to registration.
- In addition, a Tuberculosis screening (chest x-ray) has to be completed.
- Candidates should not have a criminal record. If not ascertained, this will be picked up when applying for various visas, some of which directly prohibit employment
Categorías CINE (ISCED)