We live on Planet Oceanus. More than 70% of the Earth’s surface is covered by the oceans, the heat capacity of the oceans is several hundred times larger than the atmospheric, ocean primary production rivals the terrestrial, life started in the oceans and 40% of the world (human) population still lives closer than 50 km from the coastline.
The oceans remain one of our few unknowns, while marine exploration continues at an unprecedented scale. Fuelling this exploration is our ever increasing exploitation of the oceans. Do you love the ocean? Do you want to contribute to a knowledgebased and sustainable future? Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Science, Oceanography, Biology, Chemistry or Earth Sciences? Then you should come to Gothenburg, Sweden.
The marine science master’s programme gives you the theoretical and practical tools to work with marine tasks. You will get a broader interdisciplinary understanding of the marine system and you will deepen your expertise within your discipline.
The program has one mandatory 15 credit course. This course deals with marine projects, including marine measurement techniques and methods. Students without a marine background are strongly encouraged to start with a basic course in marine science. Each student will get an individual study plan including courses in physical oceanography, marine biology, marine chemistry or marine geology, depending on the background of the student.
Proceso de aplicación
More information in https://utbildning.gu.se/education/admissions/how-to-apply
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
You are not required to pay application and tuition fees if:
- You are a Swedish citizen
- You are a citizenship of an EU or EEA country or Switzerland
- You have been granted a permanent Swedish residence permit
- You have been granted a temporary Swedish residence permit for reasons other than studies (having a temporary residence permit for studies in Sweden does not exempt you from paying fees)
- You are a family member of a citizen of an EU or EEA country and have a temporary or permanent right of residence in Sweden
- You are a family member of a citizen of Switzerland and have been granted a Swedish residence permit
- You are an exchange student
- You are a PhD student
If you are exempt from paying fees, you must provide documentation verifying your status.
A Bachelor's degree in one of the subjects; Marine Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Oceanography or Earth Science at an accredited University, including at least 90 ECTS in the major subject, including a project work. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
SELECTION: Selection is based upon the number of credits from previous university studies, maximum 225 credits.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)