There are about 22,000 engineering professionals and semi-professional currently employed in marine and other related industries in Malaysia. This figure allows for a pessimistic growth of 8% to 10% inclusive of vacancies created due to workforce retirement and migration to other industries in every five years. A total of more than 2,000 professionals and semi-professionals are to be produced to meet the demand of the marine and the related industries in Malaysia. However the actual demand in the five year period is expected to be much more taking into account those intending to become individual technical entrepreneurs seeking employment overseas.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To produce semi-professionals, competent in the field of marine engineering technology to meet the current and future demand of the marine and its related industries in Malaysia as well as abroad.
- To train and develop technical entrepreneurs in the various sectors of the marine industry.
Proceso de aplicación
Check https://www.unikl.edu.my/programmes/fees-financial-aid/ to see the tuition fee, as it depends on wether you are local or international.
Application can be done online here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/apply/undergraduate-admission/
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
All here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/?s=Scholarship
Resultados del aprendizaje
Graduates of UniKL MIMET’s ship design programmed will have the opportunity to expand their career in various fields such as;
- Metal Works & Fabrication
- Naval Architecture
- Technical Design/Draught Person
- Hydraulics and Pneumatic Systems
- CAD & CAM Programming
- CASD Programming
- CNC Machining
- Pass in SPM with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in the following subjects:
Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and 1 other subject; and at least pass in English; OR
- Pass in O-Level with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and one other subject and at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in Engineering/Engineering Technology Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant or equivalent field from accredited PPT with a minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Pass in Vocational and Technical Skills Certificate(Level 3, KKM) in the relevant field with CGPA 2.0 AND obtained at least one credit at SPM level with one-year experience in the relevant field or at least one semester bridging programme
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in Math, English, one science/vocational/technical subject and 3 other subjects.
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in Math, English, one science subject (Chemistry or Biology) and 2 other subjects.
IELTS 5.00 or equivalent.
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in Math, English, one science/vocational/technical subject and 2 other subjects.
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
5.0 or equivalent*
*UniKL accepts other English proficiency certificates such as Pearson (PTE), MUET, Cambridge (CFE, CAE, CPE). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)