Since its establishment in 2004, the focus of UniKL MIMET is purely in the area of Marine Engineering Technology. Realizing that the maritime sector has a broad scope that covers areas such as maritime transport, logistics, offshore industry and their supporting services; the institute has taken the initiative to develop a Bachelor of Maritime Operations (Hons.) programme with the support of industrial experts representing government maritime law enforcement agency, shipping, seaport as well as shipbuilding and ship repair industries. This is in tandem with Malaysian government initiatives to progressively liberalise the maritime transport services, maritime cargo handling, freight transport agency, maritime agency services as well as vessel salvage and re-floating services that would translate the maritime sector into a more dynamic and competitive sector. Maritime operations involve activities concerning shipping and port operations, maritime law enforcement, marine safety and environmental management, shipyard operations, as well as maritime auxiliary services such as banking, insurance, and bunkering, shipping agencies, freight forwarding and consultancy services.
Proceso de aplicación
Check https://www.unikl.edu.my/programmes/fees-financial-aid/ to see the tuition fee, as it depends on wether you are local or international.
Application can be done online here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/apply/undergraduate-admission/
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
All here: https://www.unikl.edu.my/?s=Scholarship
Resultados del aprendizaje
Prospective undergraduates will be offered courses/ subjects in five sub-areas namely Maritime Transport Management, Seaport Operations, Maritime Law Enforcement, Business Management, as well as Marine Technology and Ocean Sciences. The incorporation of the mentioned five sub-areas is meant to provide adequate knowledge to prospective Bachelor in Maritime Operations graduates to venture into employment areas of shipping management, sea port operations, shipping and forwarding agencies, government law enforcement agencies, shipyard administration and other maritime auxiliary services.
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) Engineering/Engineering Technology recognized or equivalent with CGPA 2.0; OR
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) in fields of vocational, technical/skills in relevant fields and recognized with CGPA 2.0 and at least a pass in English at SPM; OR
- Pass in UniKL Foundation in Science & Technology with minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and one science subject and at least pass in English at SPM;
- Applicant is required to achieve Band 2 of MUET
- Other recognized equivalent qualifications by Malaysian Government
Student must complete 11 years of schooling and obtain general pass in their Secondary School Certificate, O-levels or equivalent with min Grade C in 5 subjects including Math and one Science subject.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)