At sea, seafarers on board ships are often deprived of common access to onshore medical care during their work. The training of crew members to provide medical care, the availability of good medical equipment and telephone medical advice from doctors of the Radio Medical Service contribute to the quality of medical care on board.
The following topics are amongst others covered in both courses:
- basic life support
- medication on board
- abdomen and chest examination
- wound care and stitching
For the course Medical First Aid the participant needs to be in the possession of:
- valid certificate Basic Safety Training
For the course Medical Care the participant needs to be in the possession of:
- valid certificate Medical First Aid
Proceso de aplicación
Please refer to the DRTC website (More information) for additional course dates and application.
Resultados del aprendizaje
After completing the course, the participant is able to take effective action in the event of accidents and / or illness on board.
Upon successful completion of the course, the participant will receive the certificate:
- Proficiency in Medical First Aid, STCW reg. VI/4, section A-VI/4, Table A-VI-4-1
- Proficiency in Medical Care, STCW reg. VI/4, section A-VI/4, Table A-VI/4-2
Categorías CINE (ISCED)