OPITO BOSIET training can be referred to as offshore survival training.
This OPITO approved 3-day combined BOSIET includes Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET), Emergency Breathing System (EBS) and Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS). Delegates will be introduced to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations. The training also equips delegates with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter, with the use of EBS and CA-EBS emergency equipment.
This course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
For additional course dates, similar courses, or packages with additional materials, please go to the Survivex website.
A valid OGUK Medical (or equivalent) and a valid OGUK Fit to Train Assessment (declaring the participant fit or unfit).
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness and physical ability to participate by completing our centre Medical Self-Screening Form prior to course commencement.
Proceso de aplicación
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Resultados del aprendizaje
By the end of this BOSIET training programme, delegates will:
- Have knowledge of the offshore industry incl: Offshore hazards & control measures, offshore safety management, how offshore safety is regulated and living & working in the offshore environment
- Understand the processes involved in helicopter travel & be competent in their ability to escape from a ditched or ditching helicopter in an emergency situation
- Have knowledge of what to do in an evacuation situation: How to respond to alarms, the systems used to achieve successful evacuation and the actions to take in the event of a water entry situation
- Understand what is meant by emergency first aid and how to assist in a first aid situation prior to arrival of the medic
- Be competent in the use of portable fire extinguishers for basic firefighting and be confident in self-rescue techniques used to successfully escape from smoke filled environment.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)