Managers in today’s extremely competitive maritime industry need to cope with continuous technical, regulatory and commercial development. They must be able to anticipate future opportunities and act proactively, armed with up-to-date skills and comprehensive knowledge if they want to retain their competitive edge. This programme, first offered in 2015, has been designed to provide a “boot camp” for managers. It is continuously updated to address issues of critical importance in the maritime industry across its operational, technical and commercial aspects.
The programme is delivered in association with DNV, the world’s largest ship and offshore classification society. DNV's Maritime Academy provides an extensive portfolio of training courses for the maritime industry. With their global network they are able to exploit best practices and offer comprehensive training programmes.
The programme carries 40 European Credits, and can be completed in 11 months, with the Graduation Ceremony at WMU in Malmö held in November 2021. It is comprised of five modules.
- MODULE 1: Fundamental Maritime Economics and Contemporary Maritime Law
- MODULE 2: Shipping Market and Financial Management
- MODULE 3: Management, Organizational Behaviour and Leadership
- MODULE 4: Safe Shipping – Safety and Technology
- MODULE 5: Sustainable Shipping – Environment and Technology
The Admissions Board will consider only those applicants who meet the following general entrance requirements:
- A minimum of five years' work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (with full transcript)
The highest grade certificate of competency for unrestricted service as master mariner or chief engineer
- English language ability (both written and spoken, see below English Requirement)
Categorías CINE (ISCED)