The aim of this course is to provide the underpinning knowledge and understanding required for potential employees in the field of wind turbine technology.
This course is based on the standards set by industry in the UK, with the skills for work energy aspect focusing on developing generic employability skills needed for success in the workplace through a variety of practical experiences in the and energy area.
The course consists of seven taught units that are assessed individually using short written responses and, in some cases, written assignments. The theory and principles contained in the course include:
- Health and safety in the power industry
- Electrical theory and principles for wind turbine technology
- Mechanical theory and principles of wind turbine technology
- Hydraulic theory and principles of wind turbine technology
- Control and instrumentation theory and principles of wind turbine technology
- Theory and background of wind turbines/energy
- Wind turbine systems technology
Proceso de aplicación
You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
Resultados del aprendizaje
The skills that will be developed during this course will help the candidate to achieve employment within the Wind Turbine industry.
Skills listed below:
- Problem solving
- Hand skills
One of the following:
- Three National 5s at Grade C or above which must include Maths, and Physics or a Technology subject
- National Certificate: Engineering Practice SCQF Level 5
- National Certificate: Electrical Engineering SCQF Level 5
- Another relevant engineering course at SCQF Level 5 including Maths: Craft 1 and 2
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
Categorías CINE (ISCED)