The aim of the Postgraduate Diploma in Solar Energy is to produce graduates with an advanced level of theoretical knowledge and some level of practical knowledge, with a highly developed research capability and innovation skills to enable their professional development as leaders in the solar energy industry.
Bachelor in Engineering or Science, or equivalent
A second class honours degree (2.2) in an engineering or science discipline is the basic requirement. Candidates with alternative qualifications are also encouraged to apply.
Proceso de aplicación
Application directly through DkIT Applications System:
Oportunidades de financiamiento/becas
HEA Free Fees Scheme (FFI): the Irish Exchequer will pay tuition fees to the University on behalf of students registered for the first time on qualifying, full-time, undergraduate degree programmes.
SUSI - Student Universal Support Ireland:
Application through: https://www.susi.ie/
The award or denial of this grant is completely dependant upon the Student Grant Appeals Body
Resultados del aprendizaje
On completion of the programme, students will:
• Be regarded by their peers as subject area specialists in the advanced modules taken in the Postgraduate Diploma in Marine Renewables, and leaders in the field covered by their research project, with an advanced understanding of the knowledge base in these areas and an appreciation of how this equips them to offer leadership in the area of marine renewable energy.
• Have excellent teamwork skills with the ability to take responsibility for the work of individuals and groups, and have developed a high level of competence in initiating, leading and managing technology projects.
• Have the capacity to apply advanced theoretical knowledge to solve complex problems in the field of marine renewable energy.
• Have the ability to systematically evaluate emerging marine renewable energy technologies and trends.
• Have the ability to provide competent advice and consultancy to relevant bodies engaged in marine renewable energy.
• Have a profound respect for intellectual integrity and for the ethics of scholarship.
Categorías CINE (ISCED)