Introduction to concepts of virtual prototype and digital technologies applied to marine structures and operations
- Principles of virtual prototype
- Creating an digital 3D model
- Incorporating rules and simulations
- Methods to collect, store, access and analyse virtual prototype data.
- Principles for simulation and visualisation of marine structures and operations.
- Entities, Analyses and Scenarios taxonomy for Virtual Prototype
After having passed the exam the student should know the basic methodology and main principles of virtual prototype and digitalisations techniques applied to marine engineering, such as:
- Developing of 3D models
- Design and simulation using the virtual prototype model
- Methods to collect, store, access and analyse virtual prototype data
- Plan and execute virtual prototype of marine structures and operations.
The student should master different software to produce realistic visualisation or marine structures and operations as well as add basic mathematical behaviour to its models.
The student should be able to model any marine engineering case independently and master terminology in the field or virtual prototype and digitalisation.
Machines en operators