The course covers:
- Boundary layer flow under current and waves.
- Interaction between waves and current in the bottom boundary layer.
- The effect of waves and current on bedforms.
- Suspension of sand under waves and current.
- Sediment transport.
- Scour around structures.
Recommended previous knowledge
Knowledge corresponding to the topics covered by the course TMR4247 Marine Technology 3 - Hydrodynamics.
- To have knowledge of the theoretical basis for and good physical understanding of the flow near the seabed and its effects on sediment transport and scour around marine structures which are covered by the topics described in the academic content.
- To have skills and general competence to be able to apply this knowledge and understanding within own research work.
- To master the concepts and terminology which are used in the description of the flow close to the seabed, the resulting sediment transport and scour around marine structures.
Fysische en chemische oceanografie