The BEng (Hons) Marine and Mechanical Engineering and with Foundation Year at Liverpool John Moores University is the ideal course if you are interested in this subject but lack the necessary qualifications to study it at degree level.
- Excellent student support from academic tutors, technical staff and student mentors in both practical and academic activities throughout all levels of study
- Professionally-accredited, design-led engineering curriculum emphasises developing understanding through application
- Teaching is supported by well-equipped laboratories and workshops with state-of-the-art software and excellent technical support
- Professional engineers regularly contribute to courses, and industrial visits provide insights into careers in professional engineering and you also have the option of completing an industrial placement
- The foundation year allows progression to our BEng Marine and Mechanical Engineering programme which is Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers and approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, giving exemption from theoretical components of the Engineering Officer of the Watch (EOOW) professional qualifications, up to and including the level of Chief Engineer
This degree will give you an in-depth understanding of the scientific principles and advanced design technology as well as the problem solving and management skills required to be a successful marine engineer.