The importance of marine equipment engineering has increased because the industries such as aerospace, automobile, shipbuilding, offshore structure and ocean development demand more advanced materials and technologies.
To satisfy these demands, more profound knowledge for phase transformation, materials characterization, metal forming, corrosion, mechanical metallurgy, composites, semiconductors, functional materials, ceramics, materials processing, additive manufacturingand marine vehicle design & control is emphasized in the graduate program of our department.
The graduates from our department are qualified for wide and various positions in the fields of materials and marine equipment industries.
Areas of Specialty
- Corrosion and corrosion control of material
- Phase transformation, microstructure and properties of alloys, and metallurgical process to make materials
- Composite materials
- Creative engineering
- Developing functional materials or coatings for related industries
- Marine vehicle design & control
- Materials processing, additive manufacturing