Managing the world's precious water resources requires professionals to have multidisciplinary knowledge and an integrated approach, involving ecological, scientific, political, hydrological, and planning skills.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource Management will prepare graduates for a technical and non-research career in water resource management. Students learn how to develop innovative and effective methods for the sustainable management of this critical resource in Aotearoa New Zealand and internationally.
Postgraduate students benefit from the teaching and research conducted by the Waterways Centre for Freshwater Management, a joint partnership between UC and Lincoln University | Te Whare Wānaka o Aoraki.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Read what other UC postgraduate students have gone on to achieve in their studies and careers in our student and graduate profiles.
- Te Rōpū Rapuara | UC Careers can help you to achieve the career you want, connect with employers, or find a job.
- For research into career destinations by qualification, visit Te Pōkai Tara | Universities New Zealand website.
- Find out more about what you can do with a degree from UC.
- Come along to an upcoming information event for prospective postgraduate students.