The Personal Survival Techniques course has been designed to meet the requirements of the STCW Convention 1978, as amended, Table A-VI/1-1.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the essential practical skills and theoretical knowledge to react efficiently to an emergency abandonment with or without a life raft.
- Life rafts types and content. Lifeboat handling;
- Lifejackets, survival suits use and donning;
- Flares and other emergency beacons;
- Practical: abandonment, individual and group entry;
- Practical: righting a capsized raft;
- Practical: rescue and survival techniques without a life raft;
Medical Certificate "Fit for Duty"