The High Voltage Safety for All course has been designed to meet the requirements of the STCW Convention 1978, as amended, Table A-III/1, A-III/3, A-III/2 and A-III/6.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the required knowledge regarding the functional, operational and safety requirements for a marine high voltage system.
- Rules, regulations and guidelines;
- Fundamentals of electricity, review general electrical theory and safety precautions;
- Electrical equipment in a marine environment, review of a typical marine installation;
- Basic fault level calculations, grounding arrangements, high voltage faults and protection;
- High voltage safety, basics of risk management and safe working procedures;
- Develop switching strategies for isolation;
- First aid in electrical injuries;