This course aims to provide specific knowledge and hand-on experience on Big Data technologies for Data Analytics, which are considered as key factors in digital transformation of the enterprises of the future.
- Overview of the necessary competences and skills for data handling in the maritime sector.
- Reviewing the best practices in teaching Big Data technologies for Data Analytics, discussion on specific tasks and requirements for maritime sector.
- Learning about new technologies and tools used for data collection & handling.
Technicians and VET teachers/trainers interested in Big Data and Data Management best practices and applications for maritime and offshore energy. MATES partners and MATES TG experts. Women will be prioritized.
Big Data Technologies: Introduction, Reference Architecture, Big Data algorithms.
Cloud based Big Data storage services
Big Data Platforms for Data Analytics, Big Data service providers, Hadoop platform overview.
SQL and NoSQL databases for Big Data processing.
Hadoop Datawarehouse Hive and Dataflow scripting language Pig
Security and Compliance of Big Data platforms, Data protection
Each of 4 sessions will include lectures, practice and interactive discussions. Practice will include working with cloud based tools for data handling.
Online course has limited capacity: 30 attendees.
At registration, please indicate your prerequisite conditions. If registration numbers exceeds the maximum number of attendees, a waiting list will be created, Pre-requisite conditions may apply.
- Understand how to establish effective Data Management and Data Science team at their organisation to gradually build capacity. Understand basic concepts of Big Data and related technologies to analyse general and organisational use cases.
- Specify requirements and make informed decision on assessing different options for the enterprise Big Data infrastructure and Data Analytics services implementation.
- Outline the major components and processes of the enterprise Data Governance Architecture and corresponding organisational roles; develop the company’s Data Management Plan (DMP).
- Understand Big Data security and compliance, make informed decision on organisational data protection.
Attendees should have
- Basic knowledge of computer systems, office and Internet applications.
- Familiarity with one of these programming languages python or Java.
- Familiarity with Linux system, shell commands and SSH is beneficial.