The Security Awareness Training for All Seafarers course has been designed to meet the requirements of the STCW Convention 1978, as amended, Table A-VI/6-1.
Those who successfully complete this course should achieve the required standard of competence of maritime security through heightened awareness and the ability to recognize security threats and to respond appropriately.
- The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels;
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans;
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances and devices;
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security;
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures