The course will: train delegates in safety subjects including major accident hazards, workplace hazards and personal safety, risk management, control of work and helicopter safety. Introducing delegates to the fundamental safety elements of the oil and gas industry. The course is a mix of theoretical and practical sessions, during which delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content.
For additional course dates, similar courses, or packages with additional materials, please go to the Survivex website.
Due to certain aspects of the course being physically demanding and potentially stressful, delegates will be required to confirm their medical fitness & physical ability to participate on this course by completing our centre medical self-screening form prior to course commencement.
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Following completion of this course, delegates will be:
- Aware of the relevant regulations pertaining to working offshore
- Aware if the major accidents hazards offshore and what is in place to control or mitigate them
- Aware of the workplace hazards and the personal contributions that can be made towards safety
- Able to prepare a risk assessment, highlight controls from a permit, complete a risk intervention card and manually handle loads
- Aware of helicopter safety and the organisations which regulates this