STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques provides personnel intending to go to sea with the survival procedures to be adopted to maximise their chances of survival in the event of a marine emergency.
In order to complete an STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques training course, delegates must be at least 16 years of age.
Please book a course through the website of AIS Survivex ("More information").
Delegates completing an STCW Proficiency in Personal Survival Techniques training course will be able to;
- Correctly don a lifejacket
- Correctly don and use an immersion suit
- Safely jump from a height into the water
- Right an inverted life raft while wearing a lifejacket
- Swim while wearing a lifejacket
- Keep afloat without a lifejacket
- Board a survival craft from the water while wearing a lifejacket
- Take initial actions on boarding the life raft to enhance their chances of survival
- Stream a drogue or Sea Anchor
- Operate survival equipment
- Operate location devices including radio equipment